Welcome to 6th class!
Our teacher is Mr. Kavanagh.
We enjoy learning and try to work to our potential doing the best we can. We respect ourselves, one another and our school.
- We read books for enjoyment and to become better readers.
- We use our reading skills in reading class and during D.E.A.R. time (Drop Everything and Read).
- At present we are learning about making predictions.
- We learn to write different genres and are mastering writing recounts now.
- We also learn speaking and listening skills as well as spellings and good grammar.
- We learn new maths skills all the time!
- We practise our mental maths skills like tables and rounding to estimate adding and subtracting.
- We work on maths topics to practise our skills.
- Now we are practising Place Value, Addition and Subtraction.
- We learn to communicate with each other through Irish.
- At present we are learning to talk about ourselves and ask about others.
- We are learning to say our name, age, address, where we were born, our hair colour, eye colour and talk about our families.
- We also study History, Geography, Science, Visual Arts, P.E., Music, S.P.H.E. (Social, Personal and Health Education), Drama and Religious Education.