We have all settled in well, have made lots of friends and are learning loads of new things. Geraldine the Giraffe has helped us each day!
- We are learning lots of rhymes and songs, new ones and old ones! Every day we practice our ‘Days of the Week and Months of the year’.
- Learning about the changes in the seasons is one of our favourites. Our class have even started learning some letter sounds.
- Check out this video clip to hear the songs and actions for learning the letter sounds. Jolly Phonics songs/ actions (youtube).
- We love to use rice, shaving foam and sand to help us form our letters and we say the sound.
- Play is the most important part of Junior Infants. We put a great emphasis on learning through play using the Aistear programme. We played in “The Bakery” and learned about The Gingerbread Man.
- We are practicing our fine motor skills using lots of different materials such as threading and cutting. We arranging things into sets of color and shape.
- Counting to 5 using our hands and feet.
- We enjoy retelling stories in order and using maths materials to help us learn.
- In Junior Infants, we also learn SPHE, Music, Art, P.E and Geography, History and Science.
We are busy bees so need lots of reassurance and rest after a long day at school!