- We have a Safety Policy.
- If your child needs to leave school early we request you send a written note to the class teacher giving 24 hours notice.
- Children are supervised within school hours during class time and playtime.
- We encourage a positive school climate and a non-bullying atmosphere.
- A high standard of respect for others, good manners and the willingness to take responsibility for oneself are expected from all students.
- Children are expected to follow the directions of their teachers.
- The school places greater emphasis on rewards than on sanctions.
- Where there are serious breaches of discipline or repeated incidents of minor misbehaviour, sanctions will apply in accordance with the Code of Behaviour Policy.
- Parents are required to accept, uphold and support the school’s code of Behaviour and anti-bullying policy.
Parents are notified of dates of holidays, days off or half days through the school calendar issued in June, school newsletter and/or by way of a note given to your child to take home in her schoolbag. Some parents may need to check their child’s schoolbag for these! Unexpected closures are notified by text messaging.
- Parents are requested to take extreme caution when approaching or leaving the school.
- There is a one way system in operation and a SET DOWN area.
- Make sure the way is clear before your child gets out of the car and be aware of other children in the area.
- We encourage children to walk to school.
- Students may cycle to school and leave their bikes in the bike shelters.
- Bikes should be locked when on the school premises.